Pique Diatonique Tomorrow!

Sylvain Piron
Tomorrow is May 29, and therefore time for the long awaited Pique-diatonique in Dahlenheim, Alsace. Though, I'll be thousands of miles away, I plan to have a picnic tomorrow and play a bunch of tunes from the Pique-diatonique tunebook. To get into the spirit of things -- pour les absents -- I thought I'd post recordings of a few tunes from that tune book. The first two are MP3s by the inestimable Sylvain Piron. The first is a traditional piece that I've heard in a number of versions, "Le Maitre de la Maison." The second, "Le Chemin," is a mazurka written by Sylvain himself.

Sylvain Piron, "Le Maitre de la Maison"


Sylvain Piron, "Le Chemin"


Sylvain's albums are available as downloads for free here.

Finally, I thought I'd include one of my favorite Pique-diatonique waltzes -- actually, one of my favorite all time waltzes -- "Sur les Bord de la Riviére." Played on my Salterelle, this was my second post on YouTube, four years ago.




So that's the plan. Find a picnic. Record some accordion tunes. Ready, set ...

Labels: , , , , , ,